Date: Friday, October 11, 2019
Time: Warm-up at 7:30pm | Race at 8:00pm sharp
Location: Start point is Mutton Island, Salthill Prom, Galway
Note: please keep your chip number on display at all times, it needs to be visible when crossing the start and finish line.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When and where will registration/ number pickup be held?
- Please pick-up your registration pack from:
- 5:30pm – 9:00pm on Wednesday, October 9th or
- 9:30am – 7:00pm on Thursday October 10th, at Croí House, Moyola Lane, Newcastle Co. Galway. Please click here to see map.
- OR you can collect your pack at Claddagh Hall before the Race on Friday from 6 – 7pm
- You can collect a pack for another person, please have participants name and phone number to confirm.
2. What do I have to do on registration day?
- You will receive your race pack, including t-shirt and race number.
3. Are there toilets available at the start of run?
- Toilets will be available in the Claddagh hall and at the start point at Mutton Island.
4. Where are the water stations?
- Water will be available to all participants at the finish line.
5. Is there car parking available for competitors and spectators?
- Yes parking will be available in main Salthill car park and various areas along Salthill, this is not limited to Night Run participants arrive in plenty of time to find parking.
6. What time is warm up?
- Warm up will begin at 7.45pm with run starting at 8pm sharp.
7. Do I need to bring a torch?
- The prom will have normal street lighting and we have additional lighting at the start/finish line. If you would like to bring a torch please do so, but it is not essential to bring one with you. If you have any reflective gear we would encourage you to wear this.
8. Are children allowed to take part?
- Under 12’s are free to join the Croí Night Run under adult supervision. Note under 12’s do not receive a goody bag or t-shirt but we will have a medal for everyone! If you register and wish to bring your son/daughter they would be most welcome under your supervision. It is a night run, it will be dark so please keep this in mind when bringing children.
9. Can I register at Croí House?
- This event has reached its capacity. For more information, call 091 544310.
10. Can I drop my bag at the start line?
- No, there is no bag drop available.
11. Are walkers welcome?
- Yes! We welcome all abilities – walkers, joggers or runners (even woggers _ walkers/joggers 🙂 )
Note: Please keep your chip number on display at all times, it needs to be visible when crossing the start and finish line.