This year we can all be Heart Heroes by making a promise, to ourselves and those we care about, to look after our hearts.
The team at the Croí Heart & Stroke Centre in Newcastle, Galway, are encouraging the people of Galway to make an important promise for their heart health in celebration of World Heart Day on September 29th. Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death and disability in the world, and approximately 10,000 people die each year from cardiovascular disease in Ireland.
Make your promise today… it could be:
- A promise to your families to cook and eat more healthily;
- A promise to your children to exercise more and help them to be more active, to say no to smoking and help your loved ones to stop;
- A promise as a healthcare professional to help your patients give up smoking and lower their cholesterol;
- A promise as a policymaker to support policies that promote healthy hearts;
- A promise as an employee to invest in heart-healthy workplaces.
Kylemore Abbey to go red for World Heart Day!
The Croí Health team will be in Kylemore Abbey, Connemara, on Sunday, September 29, to take part in a special World Heart Day event, with the Abbey lighting red in celebration! The Health Team will be on-site with free blood pressure and pulse checks, and will take part in a guided hike to the Sacred Heart Statue along with other heart heroes.
Mitchell’s Café, who are renowned for their wholesome home cooking, will be serving a special heart healthy menu on the day. Visitors can sign-up and make a heart healthy promise, joined by Mitchell’s Sous Chef Dolores Heanue, who recently recovered from a major coronary event.
Join us for this heart healthy day at Kylemore Abbey. Follow Croí on Facebook for the latest updates, @croiheartstroke.