Croí MyBalance Programme
Delivered by a Croí Specialist Dietitian over 8 weeks (1 hour per week) with follow-up at 3, 6 and 12 months. The programme includes expert guidance on all aspects of healthy living and lifestyle change, including practical advice on weight, cholesterol, diabetes and blood pressure control.
Programme participants will receive an individualised assessment at baseline, end-of-programme and at one-year follow-up. The assessment includes:
- blood pressure check
- nutritional assessment
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- waist circumference measurement
- calculation of your diabetes risk score (i.e. your risk of developing type 2 diabetes both now and in the future)
- assist you in the development of a personal nutrition and lifestyle plan
Aims of the programme
- The programme takes a holistic approach, focusing on the overall lifestyle and its impact on weight. Topics such as the importance of adequate sleep, hydration and physical activity are discussed.
- Will help you explore your relationship with food; teach you how to make healthy choices when shopping, understand food labels, assist you in controlling portion sizes for you and your family.
- Along with dietary advice for weight management, the programme also provides expert diet and lifestyle advice on controlling cholesterol, blood pressure and type 2 diabetes.
- During this 8 week programme you will keep a food diary and will have the option of participating in a weekly ‘weigh-in’.
- Once the programme is complete, individuals will attend follow-up at 3, 6 and 12 months to provide on-going support and motivation.
For further information please contact Croi on 091-544310 or email firstname.lastname@example.org