Croí, the Heart & Stroke Charity, along with Healthy Ireland, Pobal and Teagasc, invite the Mayo farming community to get involved and make heart healthy changes this Mayo Farmers Month, launching Dec 29. See the free resources below!
FREE Heart Health Webinar for Farmers
On Thursday, January 21st at 7pm, Croí held a free webinar on heart health. Experts from the Croí Health Team shared information on diet, exercise and lifestyle.
The webinar was moderated by Neil Johnson, Chief Executive of Croí. Neil was joined by:
- Dr. Jenni Jones, Physiotherapist and Senior Lecturer at the School of Medicine at
- Zoe McCrudden, Croí Cardiovascular Nurse Specialist.
- Aisling Harris, Croí Cardiac and Weight Management Dietitian.
- Special guest, Austin O’Malley, former Mayo GAA footballer; Health & Wellbeing Coach; Founder, Hexagon Performance.
Watch it here now!
Jump to section:
A message from John Comer,
Former President of the Irish Creamery Milk Suppliers Association
Risk factors you can change:
Risk Factors you cannot change:
Mental Health & Wellbeing:
Click to download
Other useful resources:
- Mental Health Ireland
- Mental Health Ireland – 5 ways to wellbeing
- HSE – Your Mental Health
- Reach Out – Youth Mental Health
- Spun Out – Mental Health
- IFA – Farm Family Mental Health Resources
- Psychological Society of Ireland
- HSE – Diabetes
- HSE – Benefits of cutting down or giving up alcohol
- HSE – Living Well Programme for Adults with Long-Term Health Conditions
- HSE – Self-Management Resources for People Living with a Long-Term Health Condition
The Healthy Ireland Fund supported by the Department of Health and the Department of Children and Youth Affairs