YOUR SUPPORT WILL MAKE A HUGE IMPACT
Our first priority in Croí is to protect and serve those living with heart disease and stroke, who are also at greatest risk if affected by COVID-19. It is our duty to do what we can to slow the spread of COVID-19, which is why we have had to rethink what we do. We are now busy reformatting all of our activities and fundraising is no different!
The good news is there are still plenty of ways you can beat the cabin fever or stay active while raising money for Croí. Your support has never been more needed and will help us provide the much needed support for those at greatest risk if affected by COVID-19.
If you are organising an event in aid of Croí, we please ask that you follow the government guidelines to protect yourself and others from the coronavirus. See the HSE website for the latest recommendations on social distancing, indoor/outdoor gatherings and travel advice.
Here is how you can get started:
- Pick your event (if you are undecided, we have some suggestions below)
- Complete our online form below so we can register your event and give you the support you need to make your fundraiser a success.
- Set up your platform to collect donations (iDonate or Facebook Fundraiser)
- Decide on your platform to conduct your virtual event (Zoom, Webex, Houseparty or Instagram Live to name a few)
- Invite family, friends and colleagues to make a donation and join you at your virtual event
- Online Games Night – Gather your family and friends for a virtual Scavenger Hunt, Bingo Game, Pub Quiz or Card Game
- Online Party – Dance your heart out for Croí – invite your friends for an online dance party and donate the price of a night out!
- Virtual Movie Night – Host a Netflix Party and have your friends donate to cost of a trip to the cinema!
- Activity Challenge – Create your own virtual run, walk, cycle or swim, track your progress on your fitness app and ask your community to sponsor you along the way. Or take part in one of ours.
- Coffee Morning – Gather your friends for a virtual “Coffee for Croí” while donating the cost of their weekly takeout coffee!
- Virtual Collection – As we won’t be out at our local church or shopping centre collection this year, you can set up your own street or churchgate collection!
Luigi, our Community Fundraiser, will be able to assist you every step of the way, and we can provide you with fundraising materials to help support your event, such as:
- Sponsorship Cards
- Health literature
If you would like to to talk to a member of our fundraising team please email Christine at email@example.com.
Alternatively, please complete the form below and a member of our Fundraising Team will get in touch to help you with your fundraising idea.
Mayo Cyclists vEveresting Challenge May 2020
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein. Mayo cycling enthusiasts raised over 18K for Croí in May by “virtually” climbing Everest together by climbing 8,848 metres indoors via Zwift! The group were highlighting the importance of maintaining positive mental health and physical activity to reduce the burden of cardiovascular disease.
Curry GAA’s Run to Ruislip May 2020
Curry GAA raised over €40,000 in support of Croí through their virtual Run to Ruislip (and back) in memory of the late JP Duffy. People from across the world participated in some way towards the 1,551km distance from Curry GAA’s home ground to Ruislip London and back again, all in 24 hours. Having been affected by heart disease, the club were inspired to honour a great club man, and also raise vital funds to support Croí’s work.
AMYA Annual Charity Walk
The Ahmadiyya Muslim Youth Association (AMYA) is a dynamic youth organization within the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, who strive to preserve human rights, help all in need and promote service to humanity and the community’s peaceful motto of ‘love for all hatred for none.’ The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community has established itself in over 200 countries, with the Youth Association raising millions for various charities. Since 2017 the AMYA Ireland has helped to raise almost 11k in support of Croí.
2020k in May 2020
Brothers Matthew and Adam McConnell cycled and ran 2,020km between them in May and raised €2,317 in aid of Croí. Matthew and Adam had lost two Grandparents to stroke in May 2017 and 2018. They took on this challenge in their memory and also to support patients and families living with stroke. Watch the video below to see their journey.