Salmon and other oily fish such as mackerel, herring, trout and sardines are a great source of polyunsaturated fats which can help lower bad (LDL) cholesterol. You should try to include some oily fish in your diet at least once or twice a week. This recipe for Cajun Salmon Salad is a quick and easy lunch or dinner option!
Ingredients – Serves 1:
- 1 salmon fillet
- Cajun spice
- Handful Mixed leaves
- Handful Green beans
- 4-5 Asparagus spears
- ¼ Avocado
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 4 baby potatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Sprinkle some Cajun spice onto the salmon fillet and rub in.
- Wrap the salmon in tinfoil and bake in the oven at 180C for about 12-15minutes or until cooked.
- Boil the baby potatoes. When cooked, drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil and chopped parsley.
- Boil the green beans and asparagus for a few minutes until cooked.
- Chop the avocado and tomato into bite size pieces.
- Mix your salad ingredients together and place your cooked salmon fillet on top.
Croí Cardiac and Weight Management Dietitian