Create a Virtual Event for Croí!
Our first priority in Croí is to protect and serve those living with heart disease and stroke, who are also at greatest risk if affected by COVID-19. It is our duty to do what we can to slow the spread of COVID-19, which is why we have had to rethink what we do. We are now busy reformatting all of our activities and fundraising is no different!
The good news is there are still plenty of ways you can beat the cabin fever or stay active while raising money for Croí. Your support has never been more needed and will help us provide the much needed support for those at greatest risk if affected by COVID-19.
Here is how you can get started:
- Pick your event (if you are undecided, we have some suggestions below)
- Complete our online form below so we can register your event and give you the support you need to make your fundraiser a success.
- Set up your platform to collect donations (iDonate or Facebook Fundraiser)
- Decide on your platform to conduct your virtual event (Zoom, Webex, Houseparty or Instagram Live to name a few)
- Invite family, friends and colleagues to make a donation and join you at your virtual event
Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
- Online Games Night – Gather your family and friends for a virtual Scavenger Hunt, Bingo Game, Pub Quiz or Card Game
- Online Party – Dance your heart out for Croí – invite your friends for an online dance party and donate the price of a night out!
- Virtual Movie Night Host a Netflix party https://www.netflixparty.com/ and have your friends donate to cost of a trip to the cinema!
- Activity Challenge – Create your own virtual run, walk, cycle or swim, track your progress on your fitness app and ask your community to sponsor you along the way. Or take part in one of ours.
- Coffee Morning – Gather your friends for a virtual “Coffee for Croí” while donating the cost of their weekly takeout coffee!
- Virtual Collection – As we won’t be out at our local church or shopping centre collection this year, you can set up your own street or churchgate collection!
Luigi, our Community Fundraiser, will be able to assist you every step of the way, and we can provide you with fundraising materials to help support your event, such as:
- Sponsorship Cards
- Health literature
If you would like to to talk to a member of our fundraising team please call Luigi on 091-893773 or email email@example.com.
Alternatively, please complete the form below and a member of our Fundraising Team will get in touch to help you with your fundraising idea.
2020k in May
Brothers Matthew and Adam McConnell ran / cycled 2020k in May and raised €2,250 for Croí in memory of their grandparents. Watch the video below to see their journey.
32 for Croí :
Martin Ward and his wife Linda Conroy set a unique challenge, as they traveled the country in 32 hours!
Martin and Linda raised an astonishing €16,611.95 for Croí,
Read the full story here: https://croi.ie/tc-events/32forcroi/
Solo Sail Ireland:
Richard Hayes sailed in one of the smallest boats around Ireland to raise funds for Croí.
Read the full story here: https://croi.ie/tc-events/solo-sail-ireland/
Fundraise for Croí – Phill’s Story
In April 2018 Phill Bazler took on a sky dive in aid of Croí in loving memory of her husband Jason. Despite her fear of heights, in memory of her loving husband Jason Bazler who sadly passed away in 2015. To see Phill’s fundraising page as an example of how to set one up please click here.