Organise a Fundraiser
Croí is a registered Irish heart charity, which relies on voluntary contributions, philanthropy, fundraising events & public support.
People are working hard to help us fight against heart disease and stroke. From dances to bag packing, jumble sales to golf outings, uniform days to quiz nights, poker nights and coffee mornings, throughout Ireland people are organising activities for Croí Heart and Stroke Charity. We would love for you to join them and help save lives by organising your own event or taking part in one of our Croí Challenges.
Your generosity allows us to fund services such as prevention programmes, life-saving training and hospital developments.
Creativity is the key to successful fundraising – search online for fundraising ideas, ask family, friends and colleagues. A good idea is just a brainstorm away! Keep the ideas simple and make sure you inform as many people as possible. Feel free to call us to discuss your ideas and ask for support.
Maximise your fundraising
Here are some pointers to help maximise the success of your event:
- Always remember fundraising should be fun, so get creative to attract as many people to take part as possible
- If time is a problem, give your fundraising a regular focus, such as making 4pm every Friday a time for fundraising and planning events
- Add a fundraising element to an event that is already happening ( e.g. mini marathon or local dinner dance etc..)
- Use local media to advertise your event and don’t forget the power of social media
- Know your talent – speak to people around you and find out what their hobbies and interests are and who they know. This might be helpful in organising guest speakers, events or prizes
- Use local businesses to your advantage. You may be able to organise a collection in a local public place such as a shopping centre or airport. You can also ask a local venue to allow you to use their facilities for free.
If you would like to to talk to a member of our fundraising team please call Luigi – 091-893773 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fundraise for Croí – Phill’s Story
Whatever you do to help us we are here to support your fundraising. Phill Bazler challenged herself to a sky dive fundraiser in memory of her husband Jason.
In May 2018 Phill Bazler took on a sky dive in aid of Croí in loving memory of her husband Jason. Phill took on this heroic challenge, despite her fear of heights, in memory of her loving husband Jason Bazler who sadly passed away in 2015. Jason is still an inspiration to those whose lives he touched, and none more so than Phill. ‘Just go for it’ was Jason’s philosophy and that’s just what Phill did, in his memory. To see Phill’s fundraising page as an example of how to set one up please click here.