Croí’s FREE telephone helpline, Heartlink West, is available for those living with, or affected by, heart disease and stroke. When you call, you will be connected with one of our Cardiac Nurse Specialists or you can join one of our weekly, virtual health chats!
Heartlink West is available weekdays from 9am – 5:30pm on 091 544310 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Heartlink West Virtual Chats
Join our free Heartlink West virtual chats, taking place every Thursday at 11 am via Zoom.
- Thursday, June 2nd – Eating for a Healthy Heart Register Now
Make the most of Croí’s online resources with our Zoom Training, taking place every Wednesday at 12 pm sharp, with Bridget Cheasty, Croí’s Health Team Administrator.
By learning how to use Zoom, you can access Croí resources such as:
Croí Connects is an online series, where Croí will connect with medical experts for a questions and answers session to help answer your questions on heart disease, stroke, COVID-19 and lots more.
Jump to section:
Have you or a loved one survived a stroke? Join Croí’s Stroke Support Groups online each month.
- The Croí Galway Stroke Support Group meets virtually via Zoom on the second Thursday of every month at 2:00pm.
- The Croí Mayo Stroke Support Group meets virtually via Zoom on the last Thursday of every month at 11.30am.
If you want to join and have not used Zoom before, Croí can help. Call us on 091 544310 or email email@example.com to receive meeting details and technical support.
Risk factors you can change:
Risk Factors you cannot change:
Mental Health & Wellbeing:
Click to download
Other useful resources:
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Heart Failure
- Diabetes Ireland
- National Smoking Helpline
- Galway West Smoking Cessation Services
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Global Heart Hub (alliance of heart patient organisations and advocates)
- Acquired Brain Injury Ireland
- Mental Health Ireland
- Mental Health Ireland – 5 ways to wellbeing
- HSE – Your Mental Health
- Reach Out – Youth Mental Health
- Spun Out – Mental Health
- Psychological Society of Ireland
- HSE – Diabetes
- HSE – Benefits of cutting down or giving up alcohol
- HSE – Living Well Programme for Adults with Long-Term Health Conditions
- HSE – Self-Management Resources for People Living with a Long-Term Health Condition
An initiative by Croí, endorsed by Cardiology Services, HSE Saolta University Healthcare Group.
To date, this initiative has been made possible thanks to the very generous support of the following: