Registration is now open for the 28th Annual Croí Corrib Charity Cycle, sponsored by Corrib Oil, and our first physical fundraising event of the year.
Date: Sunday, June 12th, 2022
Location: Start and finish at Peacockes Mart, adjacent to Peacockes Hotel, Maam Cross, Connemara
(Please note, the public closure of Peacockes Hotel will not affect this event or parking)
Route options: 40km / 80km / 110km (Scroll down for more information)
The cycle includes roadside assistance, support vehicles, refreshment stops and a post-cycle burger, provided by O’Reilly’s Bar and Kitchen, Salthill. All registered cyclists will receive a limited edition Croí cycle jersey, water bottle and Croí face covering. Registrants will also be entered into a raffle to win a fantastic cycling equipment package worth €1,000 courtesy of West Side Cycles.
Registration Closes – June 10th
Bike & Road Safety/T&Cs/Waiver
- The event will take place on open roads and instructions from the Gardaí and event marshals must be obeyed.
- Please make sure your bike is in good working order before the day – check brakes, chain, pump tyres…
- You will not be permitted to participate in this event without a helmet.
- You are entering the event entirely at your own risk and you must ensure that your fitness level is appropriate to the distance and elevation of your chosen route. Before the start of the event, if you have any concerns whatsoever about your physical fitness or health or any medical conditions that may affect your safe participation; you must consult your Doctor.
- Please ensure your nutritional requirements are met. You may wish to bring additional food to that available along the route.
- The Croí Corrib Cycle is not a closed road event and cyclists must obey the rules of the road. Always keep to the left-hand side of the road. Do not cross the white line in the centre of the road.
- Ride a maximum of 2 abreast at any time and only when safe to do so.
- Croí Corrib Cycle is a leisure cycle and not a race. Cycle no faster than your ability or weather conditions allow. The West of Ireland is known for strong winds and this cycle has many sharp bends and declines so proceed with caution at all times!
- Please familiarise yourself with the route in advance (maps / brief route description attached). Corrib Cycle directional signs will be placed throughout the route. Please bring a printout of the route map with you or save these to your phone, so they can be easily accessed, even in areas without wifi/phone signal.
- No earphones or tri-bars are permitted.
- The routes selected for Croí Corrib Cycle are on quiet roads, but you will encounter some traffic and MAJOR road junctions where you MUST STOP before proceeding. Marshals are not empowered to stop traffic. Therefore, you must exercise caution even where marshals are present.
- Please ensure you carry the following with you: spare tubes, pump, tyre levers, rain cape, bottle, phone and money just in case!
- Cyclists should be prepared as weather conditions on the course can change and you should be prepared, with items such as A waterproof jacket… and sunscreen!
- If weather conditions deteriorate to an extent that compromises safety, organisers may shorten/alter the route.
- For your safety, the first and last 2k of all routes will be neutralised, i.e., reduced speed and no-passing in this area.
- Please be mindful of your own safety and the safety of others while on the course as there may be vehicles, pedestrians, leisure cyclists, walkers, runners, or spectators en route.
- The event operates under a strict Leave No Trace policy. Please bring your litter home with you, and please be respectful of residents and business owners along the route.
- I agree that no liability whatsoever shall attach to the event organiser: Croí, the West of Ireland Cardiac & Stroke Foundation, Ltd., individuals associated with the event organiser, other event Sponsors, or any event Official in respect of injury, loss or damage suffered by me in or by reason of the event, however caused.
Three cycle routes to choose from
Scroll down for more information
Our 80km route offers incredible views and a challenging climb towards Loch na Fooey.
Cyclists will depart from Maam Cross, heading northwest towards Leenaun and turning right where you will cycle along Loch na Fooey, towards Finny. You will then continue onto Clonbur and turn back towards Cornamona (before Cong) and finish at Maam Cross. Click the map to see the route.
Our 110km route option offers spectacular views and intense climbs for experienced cyclists.
Cyclists will depart from Maam Cross and head northwest to Leenaun, then turning right and taking you over “Lally’s”. From there you will descend into Toormakeady, travelling down Maumtrasna (looking out on Lough Mask) towards Finny and cycling along Lough na Fooey. You will continue on to Clonbur and turn back towards Cornamona (before Cong) and finish at Maam Cross. Click the map to see the route.
Thank you to our title sponsor for over 20 years: