Discover the beauty of Ireland’s West Coast with Croí’s Couch to Wild Atlantic Way!
This event has ended.
Embrace the Wild Atlantic Way of life by running, walking or jogging part of this spectacular coastal route on a virtual mission. Your progress will be tracked through our interactive map on iDonate, where people can sponsor you along your way. Your support now is vital – people living with heart disease and stroke need our help more than ever before.
Date: Launching March 17th
Cost: €15. All registrants receive an eco-friendly Couch to Wild Atlantic Way medal!
Anyone who raises over €50 will receive our NEW Couch to Wild Atlantic Way finishers t-shirt. All funds raised will enable us to continue providing our vital support to those suffering from heart disease and stroke, who are most at risk during these difficult times.
How to take part:
- Register and choose a virtual coastal walk along the Wild Atlantic Way (Donegal, Sligo/Leitrim, Mayo, Galway, Clare, Kerry, Cork). See guidance below on which coastal walk is best for you.
- Once registered, you will receive a link to your Wild Atlantic Way route on iDonate.
- Start walking/running in your local area within current restrictions. You can upload your steps to our interactive map to move down your chosen route, or you can sync your steps to the map using FitBit or Strava!
- Share your journey along the way and help raise vital funds for Croí.
For your virtual walk, you can select a walk along the coast of Counties: Donegal, Sligo/Leitrim, Mayo, Galway, Clare, Kerry or Cork. Participants can choose to take part in this 6 week challenge as an individual, as part of a team or at your own pace. Here is some advice so you can select the right challenge for you depending on your fitness level at the moment. Example:
- If you walk 1-2 times per week, the coast of Sligo/Leitrim would be best for you.
- If you walk most days of the week, the Galway coast is a good choice for you.
Each challenge is described in the box below. It tells you how long the challenge that you selected is and gives you a guide on how many kilometres you should walk every day in order to complete the challenge in 6 weeks.
Bring your team together for this stunning virtual challenge in aid of Croí. We can create specific and/or branded team pages where each member’s progress and fundraising will be added to the team total. An interactive team map will also mark the team’s Kilometres travelled as they virtually walk, run or jog this spectacular coastal route together. Fill out the form below and we will be in contact with you to create your team page!
The below routes are best suited to larger teams: