We're delighted to launch a new challenge!
After 25 brilliant years of our annual Tour de Lough Corrib Charity Cycle, it’s time for a change. We invite you to join us for the new Croí Polka Heart Cycle Challenge!
Date: Sunday, June 7, 2020
Location: Start and finish at Peacockes Hotel, Maam Cross, Connemara
Route options: 40km / 80km / 110km
Jump to registration details
Note – We are conscious of the escalating COVID-19 crisis and we may need to push the date to later in the year. We remain optimistic however that our event in June will proceed.
Three new cycle routes to choose from
If you are new to cycling or looking for a nice Sunday cycle in support of Croí, this route is for you!
Cyclists will depart from Maam Cross, heading south towards Screebe and continue on to Casla where you will turn at Casla Industrial Estate and finish at Maam Cross. Click the map to see the route.
Our 80km route offers incredible views and a challenging climb towards Loch na Fooey.
Cyclists will depart from Maam Cross, heading northwest towards Leenane and turning right where you will cycle along Loch na Fooey, towards Finny. You will then continue onto Clonbur and turn back towards Cornamona (before Cong) and finish at Maam Cross. Click the map to see the route.
Our 110km route option offers spectacular views and intense climbs for experienced cyclists.
Cyclists will depart from Maam Cross and head Northwest to Leenane, then turning right and taking you over “Lally’s”. From there you will descend into Toormakeady, travelling down Maumtrasna (looking out on Lough Mask) towards Finny and cycling along Lough na Fooey. You will continue on to Clonbur and turn back towards Cornamona (before Cong) and finish at Maam Cross. Click the map to see the route.
100% of proceeds will go directly to supporting Croí services
- Registration fee: €45 (Includes a special reusable goodie bag, food stops and a post-event party in Peacockes!)
- Raise or donate €100 (registration fee + €55) and receive a special limited edition Croí polka heart jersey.
- Raise or donate €200 (registration fee + €155) and receive a special limited edition Croí polka heart jersey plus a Polka Cycle gilet!
Cycle jersey and gilet design will be released soon!
You can always register now (pay €45) and fundraise towards the jersey and gilet in the coming months. If you choose this option, we will send you Croí Polka Heart Cycle sponsorship cards.
WAYS YOU CAN FUNDRAISE:
Your donations help us continue our vital work in communities throughout the region.
Once your registration has been received, a sponsorship pack will automatically be sent out to you. If you have any queries in relation to this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We also encourage participants to use the following online platforms to fundraise:
- Everyday Hero: You can set up an online fundraising page.
- Facebook Fundraisers: If you are on Facebook, it is so simple to create your own Croí Polka Heart Cycle fundraiser. Visit https://www.facebook.com/fund/CroiHeartStroke/ to get started. Please include the word ‘Cycle’ in your fundraising title, for e.g., ‘Lisa’s Cycle Fundraiser for Croí’