Transparency on Industry Relationships – Pharmaceutical & Medical Technology
Croí seeks support from many sectors of society and industry, including the pharmaceutical and medical technology sector, in support of its mission to prevent disease, save lives and build healthy communities.
Croí adheres to the highest standards of integrity and transparency in its relationships with the pharmaceutical and medical technology industry and only engages with industry partners who share the mutual aims of improving awareness, understanding and treatment of cardiovascular diseases. Croí only engages with industry in ethical and transparent collaborations where at all times, the sole objective is best patient understanding, education and outcomes. All industry support of Croí is agreed in advance by way of a written contract of understanding between both parties which outlines the scope of the relationship; the exact nature of the work being supported, the expectations and the deliverables. In all its industry relationships, Croí maintains its independence and autonomy.
Croí Guiding Principles and Commitments in its Relationships with Industry :
- To avoid real or perceived exclusive relationships, Croí has a policy of seeking multi-industry support for its work.
- All industry funding sought by Croí will be requested in an open, fair and transparent manner and will be sought as unrestricted funding or sponsorship of a specific activity initiated by Croí in support of its stated mission.
- Croí will not seek or accept any industry funding for any implied or actual product promotion activities or to support company-only policy advocacy.
- Throughout each calendar year, Croí will display a list of all its Pharmaceutical and Medical Technology sponsors and donors on its website.
- The names and/or logos of industry funders will appear on materials related to campaigns or activities which have been supported by industry. Equally, Croí expects that its industry funders disclose on their website the names of the organisations they support.
- Croí will not seek or accept funding from industry that implies or could be perceived as buying special privileges such as directing a meeting agenda, guiding content of educational materials, promoting participation in a specific clinical trial or influencing the outcome of a specific research programme.
- Croí commits that any and all transfers of value or benefits provided to it by industry will always be documented by a signed agreement between both parties.
- Croí commits to maintaining a complete record of all requests for financial or other support from industry. All such requests will always be submitted on the organisations letterhead, clearly stating the purpose and/or proposed activities and detailing how the funding will be applied.
- Croí believes that it is acceptable to seek information and/or education from industry on a disease state or therapies. However, it expects that such information and/or education provided by industry will always be fair, balanced and non-promotional.
- Croí believes that it is acceptable to provide consultation to industry, if it is consistent with the Croí mission and does not compromise autonomy or independence. The extent and terms of such consultancy services must and will always be documented in a written agreement between Croí and industry.
- Croí believes that it is acceptable for its representatives or staff to attend meetings with industry partners in order to discuss support, secure support or report on activities.
- It is Croí policy that any expenses (e.g. travel, accommodation) incurred through participation in industry events, advisory board meetings or disease awareness activities may be reimbursed directly to individual patients (not Croí management or staff) or be made payable to Croí.
- Croí management or staff will not operate as independent consultants to individual industry outside of their roles with Croí.
- Croí management or staff will not accept personal honoraria to speak on behalf of Croí but may have the honoraria directed to Croí.
- Any and all initiatives between Croí and industry will be documented in a written agreement which is developed in the spirit of mutual respect and trust, based on sound medical, educational and policy principles.
- All interactions between Croí and industry must and will always be ethical and comply with local laws and regulations
Declaration of Pharmaceutical & Medical Technology Industry Support 2019/2020
This is to confirm that Croí has received industry funding from the following companies: