Date: Friday, October 9, 2020
Location: Virtual Event – take part on your local route!
Time: Take part at any time during the day or night
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much is it to enter this year’s Virtual Night Run?
- Regular entry is €25, and for youths (12 yrs – 18 yrs) it is €15.
Under 12s are FREE (No t-shirt incl.)
2. How do I register to take part?
- You can register to take part and support Croí by going to croi.ie/nightrun
Registration is open until Friday, October 9th.
3. Where does this year’s Night Run take place?
- This year’s event is virtual, so you can take part in your local area and run, jog or walk a 5K (respecting safety and social distancing guidelines).
4. Can I take part at any time on October 9th?
- Yes, participants can take part at any time on the 9th of October, day or night.
5. How do I pick up my pack? What if I live outside of Galway?
- Race packs can be collected at Croí House the week of the event. The schedule will be sent out to registrants in September. For those living outside Galway, packs will be posted out to you prior to the event.
6. Will there be medals this year?
- As the event is virtual and we are unable to present medals at our usual post-event celebration, there will not be physical medals this year. However, all participants will receive a virtual medal. We have reduced the entry fee to reflect this change.
7. Do you have a size guide for the running tops?
- The running top is unisex and true to size:
- XS: 6-8
- S: 8-10
- M: 10-12
- L: 12-14
- XL: 14-16
8. Virtual entertainment – iRadio playlist:
- This year, we are delighted to announce that our Night Run media partner, iRadio, is creating a music playlist to keep you entertained and motivated while you enjoy your Virtual 5k Night Run experience. We will be emailing a link to all registrants soon.
9. What are the guidelines around social distancing while taking part?
- Gatherings and events outdoors should be a maximum of 15 people, and you should keep 2 metres apart from people you don’t live with. For more information please visit the HSE website.
10. What are the guidelines and recommendations around using a light and wearing high-vis if taking part at night?
- If you are taking part at night or in the evening, ensure that you wear reflective or brightly coloured clothing, especially if there is no footpath where you plan on running/walking. You should always go against traffic. For more information visit the Road Safety Authority’s website.
11. How do I share images of my participation in this year’s virtual Night Run?
- We would love you to share your photos and videos with us on social media, such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Make sure to tag Croí in your photos/videos using: @Croiheartstroke. Remember to also use the Night Run hashtag: #CroiNightRun.
12. How should I prepare for the 5k Night Run?
- We are here to support you on your Night Run journey and have developed Night Run Training Programmes for both running and walking goals. More details on this here: croi.ie/nightruntraining
13. Can I register as part of a team?
- Yes, we always welcome teams to participate in our 5k Night Run, whether it is a corporate team building exercise, a family, a sports club, or a social group. For more information on this please contact Christine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Is the Night Run chip timed this year?
- The event this year is not chip timed, however there are a number of great, free apps that you can use to track your run, jog or walk, from basic pedometers to Runkeeper or Strava. Check out the app store to download the most suitable one for you!
15. Can I raise additional funds for Croí while taking part in the Night Run?
- Of course, we are grateful for any additional support! If you are interested in setting up a fundraising page please visit our iDonate page. For team fundraising, contact email@example.com.