What is the Croi CLANN programme?
The Croí CLANN programme is a specialised 10 week, healthy lifestyle initiative which aims to help individuals achieve a healthy body through physical activity and healthy eating. Participation on the Croí CLANN programme is by referral only from the Bariatric Medicine Clinic in University Hospital Galway
What our participants say
“Very good, gave me the push I needed to get back on track to health”
“For the first time, I felt I was not alone in my struggle with weight, meeting and hearing the experiences of others was encouraging”
“Peer support and feeling comfortable is vital, I found both on the course”
“The emphasis on your overall health, not just weight, is a refreshing change from other weight management courses”
What does this programme offer me?
By joining the CROÍ CLANN Programme you will receive individual advice and support from a team of healthcare experts which includes a Specialist Cardiovascular Nurse, Physiotherapist/Physical Activity Specialist and Dietitian.
- You will be invited to meet with the Croí Health team for an assessment of your eating habits, physical activity levels, smoking status, cholesterol, blood pressure, glucose levels and weight.
- At the end of this assessment, the team will agree with you personalised goals and objectives which are realistic for you to achieve.
- You will receive a personal record card which will record your assessment details and help you track your progress throughout the programme.
Following the initial assessment, you will be invited to attend a lifestyle programme for eight weeks.
Each session you attend will include:
- Group exercise
- Weekly weight monitoring
- Group information sessions on key health topics including:
- Healthy eating
- Food labels
- Benefits of physical activity
- Psychological issues of obesity
- Maintaining change
On Week 10 you will be re-assessed again in order to provide you with feedback on the progress you have made during the programme. This will also provide you with the opportunity to review and set goals which will help you maintain the changes you have made to your lifestyle long-term.
The team will help you:
- Increase your physical activity levels
- Adhere to a healthy diet
- Reduce your body weight
- Reduce your blood pressure, cholesterol and glucose levels
- Quit smoking
- Improve your well-being and confidence
To find out more about the
Croí CLANN Programme contact:
Telephone: 091 544310