Croí New Healthy Hearts Programme
- Have you recently been diagnosed with high blood pressure or high cholesterol?
- Do you have a family history of cardiovascular disease?
- Would you like to learn how to manage your heart health and reduce your risk of developing heart disease or stroke in the future?
If so, you may be interested in our Croí Healthy Hearts programme. This 8-week, self-paced, virtual programme has been developed by our specialist team of Cardiovascular Nurse Specialists, Cardiac Dietitian, Health Psychologist and Physical Activity Specialists.
This programme will equip you with the knowledge needed to understand your personal risk factors for cardiovascular disease, educate you on how to manage these risk factors and empower you to take control of your health. There will be a particular focus on personal goal setting and self-monitoring throughout the programme.
The programme runs for 8 weeks. You will be sent video recordings on a weekly basis, allowing you to cover the content in your own time, at your own pace. You will also receive weekly worksheets and have unlimited access to our Croí Connects Nurse telephone helpline should you have any questions as you make your way through the weekly content.
The weekly session topics will include:
- Understanding your personal risk factors for cardiovascular disease, how to read your cholesterol and blood pressure results and understand medications
- Getting started with goal setting and making changes for life
- Heart Health Nutrition – with a specific focus on cholesterol and blood pressure
- How to read food labels
- Weight management – working towards your best weight
- Physical activity and exercise for heart health
- Stress management
- Goal setting and maintaining changes
On completion of the programme you will receive a certificate of completion and have free access to a live Q+A style webinar with the Croí Health Team.
The cost for the programme is €75, which will go towards funding Croí’s work in cardiovascular disease prevention. The next programme is starting Monday, October 2nd.