This is a wonderfully light yet satisfying, healthy fish dinner. It is so quick and simple to make and there are plenty of substitutions you could use depending on what you have to hand. Hake has a delicate taste that’s not overpowering so can be a great fish for all the family.
Dietitian’s tip: It’s always a good tip to roast more vegetables than needed and use them in other dishes throughout the week.Serves: 2 people
Prep time: 25mins
Nutrition value per portion: 400 calories; 37g carbs; 28g protein; 13g fat; 7g fibreIngredients:
- 2 x 125g fillets of hake (fresh or frozen)
- 300g new baby potatoes
- 1 medium or 2 small red onions
- 1 large red/orange bell pepper
- 1/3 of an aubergine
- 1 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- Plenty of chopped parsley (fresh or dried)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tsp of reduced fat spread
- Black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180* C.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the red onion into wedges and the pepper into chunks.
- Slice discs of the aubergine about 3 inches in thickness and score them with a crisscross design. Chop the clove of garlic and press the pieces into the crosses.
- Place all of the chopped vegetables onto a baking tray and drizzle with the olive oil and a pinch of salt and place in the pre-heated oven for 25 mins.
- Meanwhile place the baby potatoes into a saucepan, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for about 20 mins or until cooked through.
- Wrap each fish fillet in some tinfoil, with a drizzle of olive oil, some parsley, black pepper and lemon juice if you wish. You could also add some crushed garlic if you like.
- Place the fish parcels into the oven 5-10 mins after the vegetables. You will know the fish is fully cooked through when it is white through and flakes easily. It will take about 15 mins.
- Drain the potatoes and add the butter and parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!