One in four of us will have a stroke in our lifetime – but did you know up to 90% of strokes are preventable?
Croí’s mission is to raise awareness and drive action on stroke prevention. Croí is also dedicated to offering a range of wraparound supports for stroke survivors, their carers, and families.
To mark the occasion of World Stroke Day on the 29th of October, and to find out more information on what Croí can do for you, the Croí Health Team is delighted to bring to you a Croí Connects in the Community – World Stroke Day event.
When: Thursday, October 26th, from 2 pm – 5 pm
Where: The Family Centre, Dublin Road, Tuam, H54 AH75
Visit Croí’s Health Team, made up of nurses, a physiotherapist, a dietitian, and a health psychologist, who will be happy to chat with you about risk factors, knowing your numbers, learning about the signs and symptoms of stroke and knowing when to act F.A.S.T.
Croí will be hosting exhibitors, featuring relaxation therapies, technology, education, exercise, CPR, and much more!
What to expect:
- Chat to the Croí Health Team (made up of nurses, a physiotherapist, a dietitian, and a health psychologist)
- Support and advice for stroke survivors and carers
- Learn about AFib and blood pressure, major risk factors for stroke, and how to manage/prevent them
- Avail of a blood pressure and pulse check with Croí Cardiovascular Nurse Specialists
- Learn about the signs and symptoms of stroke and how to act F.A.S.T.
- Interact with exhibitors on relaxation therapies, technology, education, exercise, CPR, and much more!
This event is brought to you in partnership with Community Healthcare West and Surmodics.
Visit croi.ie/stroke for more information.