Date: Friday, October 7th, 2022
Location: Salthill Promenade or take place virtually from anywhere!
Time: 8pm1. How much is it to enter this year’s Night Run?
- Adult entry: €35 | Student entry: €25 | Youth entry (13-18 yr olds): €25 | 12 and under: FREE (No top incl.) | O.A.P entry €30| Team entry available | Virtual entry differs
2. What does Salthill Prom and Virtual Registration include?
Salthill Prom registration includes the limited edition night run top, medal and chipped timing for more competitive runners, organised safety on the night and music. Virtual registration includes the limited edition night run top.
3. How do I register to take part?
- Register for Salthill Prom by clicking here
- Register for Virtual event by clicking here
Registration is open until Friday, October 7th.
4. Where does this year’s Night Run take place?
- This year’s event is on Salthill Promenade or you can take place virtually from anywhere you like and run, jog or walk a 5K.
5. Can I take part at any time on October 7th?
- Our Salthill event kicks off at 8pm
- Yes, virtual participants can take part at any time on the 7th of October, day or night.
6. How do I pick up my pack? What if I live outside of Galway?
- Race packs can be collected at Croí House the week of the event. Pack pick up times are as follows:
- Monday, 3 October 9:30am – 5:00pm
Tuesday, 4 October 9:30am – 5:00pm
Wednesday, 5 October 9:30 – 7:00pm
Thursday, 6 October 9:30 – 7:00pm
Friday, 7 October 9:30am – 5:00pm
- Monday, 3 October 9:30am – 5:00pm
- For those who wish to have their packs posted out to them, there is a postage option which can be selected during registration. If you are registered, you will receive an email once your pack has been posted.
7. Will there be medals this year?
- Yes, medals are included in your registrant fees and will be included in your pack. No medal included in virtual registration.
8. Do you have a size guide for the running tops?
- The running top is unisex and true to size:
- XS: 6-8
- S: 8-10
- M: 10-12
- L: 12-14
- XL: 14-16
9. Entertainment :
- Our Night Run media partner, iRadio, will be with us in Salthill on the night playing music to keep you entertained and motivated while you enjoy your Virtual 5k Night Run experience.
10. What are the guidelines and recommendations around using a light and wearing high-vis if taking part at night?
- Ensure that you wear reflective or brightly coloured clothing to our event in Salthill.
- Virtually, the same applies, especially if there is no footpath where you plan on running/walking. You should always go against traffic.
For more information visit the Road Safety Authority’s website.
11. How do I share images of my participation in this year’s virtual Night Run?
- We would love you to share your photos and videos with us on social media, such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Make sure to tag Croí in your photos/videos using: @Croiheartstroke. Remember to also use the Night Run hashtag: #CroiNightRun.
12. How should I prepare for the 5k Night Run?
- We are here to support you on your Night Run journey and have developed Night Run Training Programmes for both running and walking goals. More details on this here: croi.ie/nightruntraining
13. Can I register as part of a team?
- Yes, we always welcome teams to participate in our 5k Night Run, whether it is a corporate team building exercise, a family, a sports club, or a social group. There is an option for Team/ Group registration during registration.
14. Is the Night Run chip timed this year?
- The event this year is not chip timed, however, our sponsors at Irish Life have created a Night Run challenge on their My Life health & wellbeing app! To join the challenge, simply download the app and select ‘Croí Night Run’. The app syncs with other fitness trackers such as FitBit, Strava & Garmin so you can upload your time easily and compare with other participants.
- Download the app here: Apple / Android
15. Can I raise additional funds for Croí while taking part in the Night Run?
- Of course, we are grateful for any additional support! If you are interested in setting up a fundraising page please visit our iDonate page.