Croí Alpine Cycling Challenge 2024
1 Sep - 7 Sep
Join us for the cycling experience of a lifetime in the French Alps this September and support Croí’s lifesaving work!
During the week-long tour you will take on all the famous Tour de France climbs, from the Oisans and Maurienne Valleys, plus a few other hidden gems.
This experience is limited to 20 participants. Return flights from Dublin to Lyon will need to be secured separately. Based in and around Bourg d’Oisans, nestled adjacent to Alpe d’Huez, bring your own bike or take advantage of available bike hire, including e-bikes.
- 6 nights accommodation on a twin-room shared basis
- Airport transfers (Lyon Airport for flights details provided)
- Custom-designed Croí Alpine Challenge Cycling Jersey
- Picnic lunch Monday – Friday
- Welcome meeting with ride and safety information
- Fully supported rides from support vehicles with fresh water
- Luggage transfers
- Bike mechanic with tools and track pump
- Full GPX files and route profiles
What’s Not Included?
- Flights and bike transport to France (participants will be responsible for booking their own flights directly)
- Travel Insurance – all participants must arrange travel insurance and provide confirmation of same
- Evening meals and drinks
- Bike hire for the 5 days if needed
- Single room supplement – €250 (Limited single rooms available)
Our Tour Partners
More Than 21 Bends Cycling Holidays have been riding and organising cycling tours and accommodation from Bourg d’Oisans at the base of Alpe d’Huez since 2008.
More Information & Booking
For more information or to request a booking form with full details and terms and conditions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday, September 1st (Arrival Day)
Recommended Flight from Dublin to Lyon:
Aer Lingus EI552.
– Depart Dublin 12:55 pm
– Arrive Lyon 4:10 pm
Transfer to Bourg d’Oisans by bus
Welcome meeting and bike setup
Monday, September 2nd (Day 1)
COL DE LA CROIX DE FER
Climbing from our base in the Oisans, we will be tackling the Col de la Croix de Fer before descending down the other side to the Maurienne Valley via the short but spectacular Col du Mollard and its magical switchback descent.
Tuesday, September 3rd (Day 2)
LACETS DE MONTVERNIER AND THE COL DE LA MADELEINE
The Lacets de Montvernier should be on everyone’s itinerary. They may be short in alpine terms but they are certainly sweet. After this short introduction comes the huge Col de la Madeleine.
Wednesday, September 4th (Day 3)
COL DU GALIBIER
Today we will be climbing from our base in the Maurienne Valley back over to the Oisans Valley via the Col du Télégraphe and the highest point of this tour, the iconic Col du Galibier.
Thursday, September 5th (Day 4)
ALPE D’HUEZ AND THE COL DE SARENNE
Starting and finishing in the Oisans we will be tackling the legendary 21 bends of Alpe d’Huez and then the beautiful Col de Sarenne that sits above Alpe d’Huez.
Friday, September 6th (Day 5)
PAS DE LA CONFESSION
This ride is a series of climbs that traverses Alpe d’Huez and will be the highlight of your week. Think small roads cut into the side of the mountains. Spectacular views and beautiful descents.
Saturday, September 7th (Departure Day)
Transfer to Lyon Airport for onward travel to Dublin.
Aer Lingus Flight EI 553
– Depart Lyon 4:50 pm
– Arrive Dublin 6:10 pm