Looking for are a healthy meal for all the family that’s ready in under 15 minutes? These fuss-free pizza quesadillas or “pizzadillas” are a fun way to get the kids involved hands-on in the kitchen. When children are included in preparing or choosing meals, they are more interested in eating what they’ve created. With just 3 basic ingredients, let them use their creative flare to customize their own with various toppings. Remember children need supervision at all times in the kitchen and an adult should take charge frying the quesadillas.
Dietitians tip: This is a wonderful way to encourage tasting new vegetables. The more colourful the better!Serves: 2
Prep time: 15 mins
Approximate nutritional value (per pizzadilla, not including additional toppings): 330 kcalories, 41g carbohyrdrates, 12g protein, 13g fat.
Kids Pizza Quesadillas Recipe
- 4 kids sized wholegrain wraps
- ~ 4 tbsp. marinara or tomato-based pasta sauce
- 50g grated cheddar cheese
- Leftover chicken + sweetcorn + chopped peppers
- Sliced ham + cooked mushrooms
- Red/yellow peppers + torn spinach
- Switch to mozzarella cheese + baby tomatoes
- Leftover cooked broccoli + chicken
- Use the wholegrain wrap as your base.
- Using the back of a spoon in a circular motion, spread 1-2 tbsp of the tomato-based sauce onto your wrap. You can use less sauce if you prefer but be careful not to add too much or it will spill out while cooking.
- Sprinkle on half of the grated cheese.
- Add the filling of your choice – get as creative as you like!
- Place the second wrap on top and press gently to keep the pizzadilla together
- Add a teaspoon of olive oil to a frying pan and fry the quesadilla for 2-3 minutes each side until it begins to turn golden brown.
- Slice into pizza-like wedges and enjoy!
We would love to see your pizzadilla creations so send us a picture and we will share your designs! Why not use different veggies to making a face? Just make sure to take a picture before the top wrap goes on!!