- 100g/3½oz white or wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 50g/2¾oz low fat spread
- 75g/2¾oz porridge oats
- Black pepper to taste
- 450g/1lb white fish e.g. cod, haddock
- 500ml/18floz skimmed milk
- 25g/1oz flour
- 25g/1oz low fat spread
- 200g/7oz can sweetcorn kernels, drained
- 4 quartered tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs and porridge oats.
- Rub in the low fat spread until the mixture resembles a crumble topping. Season with black pepper.
- Put the fish and milk into a pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes until the fish is fully cooked.
- Transfer the fish to a plate and reserve the poaching milk. Carefully flake the fish, removing any skin or bones.
- Put the poaching milk, flour and low fat spread into a saucepan. Bring to the boil slowly, stirring continuously until thickened. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the fish, sweetcorn and tomato quarters to the sauce. Season with black pepper.
- Pour the fish mixture into a 1.7 litre/3pt ovenproof dish. Cover with the crumble topping and bake for about 30 minutes or until the topping is browned and crisp.
- Serve with bread and vegetables or salad