- 1.25kg chicken thighs & drumsticks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 250g frozen peppers, defrosed
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 420g can of kidney beans in chilli sauce
- 2x 400g of butter beans, drained
- 400ml reduced-sodium chicken stock, hot
- A small bunch of coriander, chopped
- 100ml low-fat creme fraishe
- Crusty bread (to serve)
- Pull skin off the chicken and disguard. Heat the oil in a large casserole dish, brown the chicken all over, then remove with slotted spoon.
- Tip in the onions, garlic and chillies, then fry for 5 minutes until starting to soften and turn golden. Add the pepppers, tomatoes, beans and hot stock.
- Put the chicken back on top, half-cover with a pan lid and cook for 50 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Stir through the coriander and serve with low fat creme fraische and crusty bread, mashed potato or rice.
Nutitional value per serving:
- Energy: 525kcal
- Total Fat: 29g
- Saturated Fat: 7.7g
- Salt: 0.43g
- Dietary Fibre: 4.5g
- Sugars: 3.1g