Croí is a not-for-profit foundation established in 1985 and currently has a team of 20 staff. Our people (including staff, volunteers, interns and students) are what make Croí an award-winning organisation. Croí is engaged in a wide variety of work including patient care, training and education, prevention & rehabilitation, family support, research, awareness and health promotion. Employing the best staff is key to providing the highest standard of service and care to our patients. If you would like to work in a caring, energetic and professional environment, and possess the skills and attributes to make a difference, then we would like to hear from you.
Current Career Opportunities
Croí Communications Manager
Croí Communications Manager
Croí is an award-winning, not-for-profit, Irish Heart & Stroke Foundation based in Galway (Registered Charity No. CHY 7500).
Our vision is to lead in the prevention, control of, and recovery from cardiovascular disease and to serve as exemplars of innovation and best practice.
Our mission is to prevent heart disease and stroke, save lives, and empower and support families, communities and future generations to take control of their health and well-being.
Since its genesis in 1985, Croí has developed an expertise in cardiovascular disease and stroke prevention, early detection and intervention, and built a dynamic and energetic multi-disciplinary team, committed to excellence in all areas of our work, which has been recognised by a variety of national and international healthcare and innovation awards.
We are recruiting an experienced Communications Manager to support Croí’s internal and external communications. If you want to work with an organisation that believes what you believe, is moved by the power of purpose, cares about helping and supporting people, has great ideas, and is passionate about your future professional growth, we would love to hear from you!
Croí is seeking to recruit an experienced Communications Manager to lead the Croí Communications Team. This is an excellent opportunity for a communications professional to implement strategies to support Croí’s long-term communications and marketing vision. The Communications Manager is responsible for leading the development and delivery of timely and high-quality communications across multiple channels including social, digital, print and media channels. The role is also responsible for project management of communications operations, which includes working with both the fundraising and health departments to develop and execute plans to support the continued growth of Croí’s programmes. We’re looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can lead a creative team.
The Communications Manager must have at least seven years of experience working in the areas of marketing/communications, with a track record of leading a team of direct reports.
This role is based in the Croí Heart & Stroke Centre, Galway, but part-time remote working is an option, with occasional work from the office in Galway dependent on business needs. The Communications Manager reports to Croí’s Chief Operations Officer.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive the strategic development and implementation of communications strategies and initiatives to support the development and reputation management of Croí.
- Lead and manage the Communications team in a busy and fast-paced environment to ensure the successful delivery of the work programme.
- Lead the execution of communications programs from messaging development, design and activation across channels including digital and press.
- Work closely and support the communication needs across all departments, especially the fundraising and health departments.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders including patient advocates and the media.
- Coordinate multiple projects and juggle competing responsibilities.
- Other duties as required.
Skills & Competencies
- 7+ years experience in a senior communications role.
- Advanced communications skills, including within digital environments and for digital audiences.
- Skilled in campaign strategy development and working with digital marketing tools and platforms, including Google Ads and Analytics.
- Prior experience in managing and leading a team, with demonstrable experience in delivering quality outcomes. Experience in managing remote/hybrid teams would be an advantage.
- Experience working on branding and design with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven time management and organisational skills, with the ability to balance work on multiple projects simultaneously and to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated proficiency in WordPress CMS and familiar with marketing applications (e.g. Mailchimp, Survey Monkey, etc.)
- Demonstrated sound judgment and tact, with the ability to handle confidential and sensitive material with discretion.
- Communications, marketing, business or bachelor’s degree or diploma in a related field preferred.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package, commensurate with experience, is available for the right candidate. This will be a Full-Time position. This is initially a fixed-term position with a contract term of one year with the potential for extension.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your CV, along with a cover letter, to email@example.com by 4 pm on Friday, July 15th.
A desktop shortlisting process may be carried out prior to the interview stage. Attendance at the interview will be at the candidate’s own expense.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. This job profile will be subject to review in accordance with service developments and is neither restrictive nor definitive, but rather a guide to the general range of duties required.
There are numerous volunteer opportunities for people that wish to lend some free time to support our work. Our volunteers are a vital part of our organisation and enable us to provide a high quality service in the most cost effective manner. Our volunteers come from a variety of backgrounds and help us in many different ways. They include post-graduates, medics, business professionals, athletes and community representatives.
If you would like to assist Croí as a volunteer, intern or unpaid placement, please Complete our Volunteer Form
or contact us on: