Croí is a not-for-profit foundation established in 1985 and currently has a team of 30 staff. Our people (including staff, volunteers, interns and students) are what make Croí an award-winning organisation. Croí is engaged in a wide variety of work including patient care, training and education, prevention & rehabilitation, family support, research, awareness and health promotion. Employing the best staff is key to providing the highest standard of service and care to our patients. If you would like to work in a caring, energetic and professional environment, and possess the skills and attributes to make a difference, then we would like to hear from you.
Current Career Opportunities
Croí is a registered Irish Heart & Stroke Charity based in Galway. Its mission is to prevent cardiovascular disease, save lives and promote recovery and wellbeing. Due to its continued growth, we wish to appoint a full time General Administrator to provide reception cover for the Croí Heart and Stroke Centre, along with provision of administrative cover for our Centre for Life Training and other general administrative tasks. Croí provides a range of innovative prevention, rehabilitation, research and education programmes.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage lunch cover and evening reception in a very busy environment.
- Deliver friendly, efficient customer service and create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all visitors to the centre.
- Effectively and efficiently manage the administrative requirements for the Centre for Life Training, ensuring a high quality training experience.
- Manage all course bookings, maintaining a record of training and ensuring all certificates are processed in a timely manner in line with current standards.
- Support the marketing and promotion of the Centre for Life Training courses, working closely with the Centre for Life Lead Instructor.
- Other ad hoc general administrative work.
Essential Requirements are:
- Minimum 3 years administration experience.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, telephone and writing skills.
- Excellent computer skills, with exceptional proficiency in Microsoft word and excel.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Working hours: Monday – Friday: flexibility required due to evening programmes (3 or 4 evenings per week).
This appointment will be made as a fixed term contract of 12 months.
To apply, please send your CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday, 31st January 2020.
This job profile will be subject to review in accordance with service developments and is neither restrictive nor definitive, but rather a guide to the general range of duties required.
There are numerous volunteer opportunities for people that wish to lend some free time to support our work. Our volunteers are a vital part of our organisation and enable us to provide a high quality service in the most cost effective manner. Our volunteers come from a variety of backgrounds and help us in many different ways. They include post-graduates, medics, business professionals, athletes and community representatives.
If you would like to assist Croí as a volunteer, intern or unpaid placement, please Complete our Volunteer Form
or contact us on: