Croí is a not-for-profit foundation established in 1985 and currently has a team of 30 staff. Our people (including staff, volunteers, interns and students) are what make Croí an award-winning organisation. Croí is engaged in a wide variety of work including patient care, training and education, prevention & rehabilitation, family support, research, awareness and health promotion. Employing the best staff is key to providing the highest standard of service and care to our patients. If you would like to work in a caring, energetic and professional environment, and possess the skills and attributes to make a difference, then we would like to hear from you.
Current Career Opportunities
Digital Communications Coordinator (remote working)
Croí is a registered Irish Heart & Stroke Charity. Our aim is to lead the fight against heart disease and stroke, with a particular focus on the West of Ireland. Our mission is to prevent disease, save lives and promote recovery & wellbeing. Croí Centre is located in Moyola Lane, Newcastle, Galway. Learn more: www.croi.ie.
About this role:
Croí is seeking to recruit a Digital Communications Coordinator to support its online communication activities. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious social media and digital marketing coordinator, who wants to learn in a fast-paced environment.
The Digital Communications Coordinator supports the day-to-day communications operations of Croí, developing and executing plans that support our continued growth.
This role is based in the Croí Heart & Stroke Centre, Galway, but remote working is an option, with occasional work from the office in Galway. The Digital Communications Coordinator reports to the Croí Communications Manager.
The Digital Communications Coordinator must have at least one year of experience working in the areas of marketing communications, digital or social media.
- Support Croí’s social media channels, which include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. Assist with creative content development, online engagement, social media advertising and reporting.
- Provide design and editorial support on materials for communication campaigns, including social media graphics, infographics, PowerPoint presentations, etc. Ensure brand consistency in marketing and social media messages.
- Support with the development of email marketing campaigns including the e-newsletter.
- Manage Croí’s online advertising, including social media adverts, Google Ads, etc.
- Monitor online activity using tracking and analytic programmes, including Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel.
- Assist in updating content on the Croí website.
- Assist with media support, including input on media briefs, press releases and media coordination. Monitor media mentions and track activity.
- Collect and analyse data for marketing strategies.
- Assist team with tracking and monitoring of budgets.
- Provide occasional communications support to the in-house team at the Croí Heart & Stroke Centre, for example coordinating in-house photos or video shoots.
- Coordinate multiple projects and juggle competing responsibilities.
- Other duties as required.
- Excellent organisational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong desire to learn, along with professional drive.
- Creative, entrepreneurial, innovative and digitally smart.
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube) and trends.
- Demonstrated proficiency in WordPress CMS and social media.
- Familiar with Adobe Creative Cloud programmes and marketing applications (e.g. Mailchimp, Survey Monkey etc.)
- Proven ability to coordinate multiple small or medium-sized projects simultaneously and complete multiple projects to tight deadlines.
- Ability to perform well under pressure and be a team player, work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and tact, with ability to handle confidential and sensitive material with discretion.
- Communications, marketing, business or bachelor’s degree or diploma in a related field preferred.
To apply, please send your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com before Friday, September 24, 2021.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. This job profile will be subject to review in accordance with service developments and is neither restrictive nor definitive, but rather a guide to the general range of duties required.
There are numerous volunteer opportunities for people that wish to lend some free time to support our work. Our volunteers are a vital part of our organisation and enable us to provide a high quality service in the most cost effective manner. Our volunteers come from a variety of backgrounds and help us in many different ways. They include post-graduates, medics, business professionals, athletes and community representatives.
If you would like to assist Croí as a volunteer, intern or unpaid placement, please Complete our Volunteer Form
or contact us on: