Croí is a not-for-profit foundation established in 1985 and currently has a team of 30 staff. Our people (including staff, volunteers, interns and students) are what make Croí an award-winning organisation. Croí is engaged in a wide variety of work including patient care, training and education, prevention & rehabilitation, family support, research, awareness and health promotion. Employing the best staff is key to providing the highest standard of service and care to our patients. If you would like to work in a caring, energetic and professional environment, and possess the skills and attributes to make a difference, then we would like to hear from you.
Current Career Opportunities
The Global Heart Hub is an alliance of heart patient organisations from across the world. Based in the Croí Heart & Stroke Centre, Galway, it was established as a not for profit organisation in 2014 to create a united voice for those living with, or affected by, all types of heart conditions. This umbrella organisation provides a platform for knowledge and best practice exchange, capacity building, patient centred research, advocacy, and international education and awareness campaigns.
We are now seeking to recruit an energetic and highly motivated Development Executive to work with our Executive Council to strengthen and build this network and to coordinate a growing number of collaborative projects.
The role will involve:
- Growing the alliance by identifying and building the patient organisation community and maintaining strong relationships with all stakeholders.
- Planning and delivering international meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Preparing budgets and funding proposals for prospective sponsors and partners.
- Planning and coordinating the delivery of joint initiatives which are often outsourced to third parties.
- Preparing reports, position papers, advocacy submissions, etc.
- Coordinating communications across all channels.
- Managing and maintaining a CRM database.
- Highly motivated and energetic, with a proven ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong empathy for the patient and carer perspective.
- Superior administrative, IT and social media skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to mobilise and engage patients and carers who share their time and experience in a voluntary capacity.
- Written and oral proficiency in English and at least two other European languages.
This new position will initially be offered as a one year contract with the expectation of continuation if KPI’s are achieved. Previous relevant experience in a similar role or environment would be advantageous but not essential. Ideally offered as a full time position but we are open to consideration of part-time initially. Normal working hours apply, however out of hours and occasional weekend work will be necessary given communications across different time zones. While based in Galway there will be occasional international travel.
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com no later than 5pm on Friday November 29, 2019. Suitable candidates may be called for interview before this closing date.
This job profile will be subject to review in accordance with service developments and is neither restrictive nor definitive, but rather a guide to the general range of duties required.
There are numerous volunteer opportunities for people that wish to lend some free time to support our work. Our volunteers are a vital part of our organisation and enable us to provide a high quality service in the most cost effective manner. Our volunteers come from a variety of backgrounds and help us in many different ways. They include post-graduates, medics, business professionals, athletes and community representatives.
If you would like to assist Croí as a volunteer, intern or unpaid placement, please Complete our Volunteer Form
or contact us on: