Date: Friday, October 8, 2021
Location: Virtual Event – take part in a location of your choice!
Time: Take part at any time during the day or night1. How much is it to enter this year’s Virtual Night Run?
- Regular entry is €25, and for youths (12 yrs – 18 yrs) it is €15.
Under 12s are FREE (No top incl.)
2. How do I register to take part?
- You can register to take part and support Croí by clicking here.
Registration is open until Friday, October 8th.
3. Where does this year’s Night Run take place?
- This year’s event is virtual, so you can take part from anywhere you like and run, jog or walk a 5K (respecting safety and social distancing guidelines).
While we would love to be on the Prom this year, we will have to remain virtual for 2021. A physical event of this size, takes many months to plan and unfortunately the restrictions have lifted too late for us to bring the event back in a physical form. The safety of our participants and the community we serve are our first priority.
4. Can I take part at any time on October 8th?
- Yes, participants can take part at any time on the 8th of October, day or night.
5. How do I pick up my pack? What if I live outside of Galway?
- Race packs can be collected at Croí House the week of the event. Pack pick up times are as follows:
- Monday, 4 October 9:30am – 5:00pm
Tuesday, 5 October 9:30am – 5:00pm
Wednesday, 6 October 9:30 – 7:00pm
Thursday, 7 October 9:30 – 7:00pm
Friday, 8 October 9:30am – 5:00pm
Social distancing guidelines will be implemented.
- Monday, 4 October 9:30am – 5:00pm
- For those who wish to have their packs posted out to them, there is a postage option which can be selected during registration. If you are registered, you will receive an email once your pack has been posted.
6. Will there be medals this year?
- As the event is virtual and we are unable to present medals at our usual post-event celebration, there will not be physical medals this year. We have reduced the entry fee to reflect this change.
7. Do you have a size guide for the running tops?
- The running top is unisex and true to size:
- XS: 6-8
- S: 8-10
- M: 10-12
- L: 12-14
- XL: 14-16
8. Virtual entertainment – iRadio playlist:
- Our Night Run media partner, iRadio, is creating a music playlist to keep you entertained and motivated while you enjoy your Virtual 5k Night Run experience. We will be emailing a link to all registrants soon.
9. What are the guidelines around social distancing while taking part?
- Gatherings and events outdoors should be a maximum of 15 people, and you should keep 2 metres apart from people you don’t live with. For more information please visit the HSE website.
10. What are the guidelines and recommendations around using a light and wearing high-vis if taking part at night?
- If you are taking part at night or in the evening, ensure that you wear reflective or brightly coloured clothing, especially if there is no footpath where you plan on running/walking. You should always go against traffic. For more information visit the Road Safety Authority’s website.
11. How do I share images of my participation in this year’s virtual Night Run?
- We would love you to share your photos and videos with us on social media, such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Make sure to tag Croí in your photos/videos using: @Croiheartstroke. Remember to also use the Night Run hashtag: #CroiNightRun.
12. How should I prepare for the 5k Night Run?
- We are here to support you on your Night Run journey and have developed Night Run Training Programmes for both running and walking goals. More details on this here: croi.ie/nightruntraining
13. Can I register as part of a team?
- Yes, we always welcome teams to participate in our 5k Night Run, whether it is a corporate team building exercise, a family, a sports club, or a social group. There is an option for Team/ Group registration during registration.
14. Is the Night Run chip timed this year?
- The event this year is not chip timed, however, our sponsors at Irish Life have created a Night Run challenge on their My Life health & wellbeing app! To join the challenge, simply download the app and select ‘Croí Night Run’. The app syncs with other fitness trackers such as FitBit, Strava & Garmin so you can upload your time easily and compare with other participants.
- Download the app here: Apple / Android
15. Can I raise additional funds for Croí while taking part in the Night Run?
- Of course, we are grateful for any additional support! If you are interested in setting up a fundraising page please visit our iDonate page.