Date: Friday, October 13th, 2023
Location: Salthill Promenade or take place virtually from anywhere!
1. How much is it to enter this year’s Night Run?
- Salthill Prom Adult entry: €35 | Student entry: €25 | Youth entry (13-18 yr olds): €25 | 12 and under: FREE (No top incl.) | O.A.P entry €30| Team entry available
- Virtual Registration €25PP
2. What does Salthill Prom and Virtual Registration include?
Salthill Prom Registration will receive a special limited-edition Croí Night Run long-sleeve running jacket, chip timing for more competitive runners, organised safety on the night and music.
Virtual Registration will receive a special limited-edition Croí Night Run long-sleeve running jacket.
3. How do I register to take part?
Registration is open until Thursday, October 12th.We may have to close registration a few days earlier due to capacity on Salthill Prom.
4. Where does this year’s Night Run take place?
This year’s event is on Salthill Promenade or you can take place virtually from anywhere you like and run, jog or walk a 5K.
5. Can I take part at any time on October 13th?
- Our Salthill event kicks off at 8pm
- Yes, virtual participants can take part at any time on the 13th of October, day or night.
Start/Finish: Mutton Island
The 5km run will start at Mutton Island. Runners will run towards Blackrock, stay on the left side of the road. We cone down the middle and stop traffic on the left. The half way point is the wall before Blackrock tower, runners will turn around at this point, return via the Prom, one way systems and run back to Mutton Island finish line.
6. How do I pick up my pack?
Race Pack Information
Pack pick up times at Croí House (Moyola Lane, Newcastle, Galway H91 FF68) are as follows: (Please have your confirmation email handy and quote your BIB Number (race number assigned above) when collecting your pack.
- Monday 9th and Tuesday 10th October – 9.30am – 4.30pm
- Wednesday – Thursday 11th & 12th October – 9.30am – 7pm
If you are unable to collect your pack before the 13th, you can collect your pack at Claddagh Hall from 6pm on the night.
For all virtual runners who have selected pack postage, your jackets have sent out and you should receive by the end of the week.
Please remember to share photos @croiheartstroke
7. Will there be medals this year?
No unfortantely, In our ongoing effort to encourage sustainability, we will not be supplying medals this year.
8. Do you have a size guide for the running jackets?
The jacket is unisex and they are loose fitting (not form fitting) , true to size, normal for that type of jacket.
- XS: 6-8
- S: 8-10
- M: 10-12
- L: 12-14
- XL: 14-16
9. Entertainment :
Our Night Run media partner, iRadio, will be with us in Salthill on the night playing music to keep you entertained and motivated while you enjoy your Virtual 5k Night Run experience.
10. What are the guidelines and recommendations around using a light and wearing high-vis if taking part at night?
- Ensure that you wear reflective or brightly coloured clothing to our event in Salthill.
- Virtually, the same applies, especially if there is no footpath where you plan on running/walking. You should always go against traffic.
For more information visit the Road Safety Authority’s website.
11. How do I share images of my participation in this year’s virtual Night Run?
We would love you to share your photos and videos with us on social media, such as Facebook, Instagram and X (Twitter). Make sure to tag Croí in your photos/videos using: @Croiheartstroke. Remember to also use the Night Run hashtag: #CroiNightRun.
12. How should I prepare for the 5k Night Run?
We are here to support you on your Night Run journey and have developed Night Run Training Programmes for both running and walking goals. More details on this here: croi.ie/nightruntraining
13. Can I register as part of a team?
Yes, we always welcome teams to participate in our 5k Night Run, whether it is a corporate team building exercise, a family, a sports club, or a social group. There is an option for Team/ Group registration during registration.