Heartlink West is Croí’s FREE helpline for those living with, or affected by, heart disease and stroke. When you call Heartlink West, you will be connected with one of our cardiac nurse specialists or join a virtual health chat.
Call the Croí Health Team if you have concerns relating to:
- Concerned about COVID-19?
- Afraid to visit your doctor, nurse or hospital?
- Recently had a procedure or just discharged from hospital?
- Had an appointment or procedure cancelled or postponed?
- Generally concerned about your heart health?
Please be aware that Croí resources are intended solely for individuals seeking general information and advice and are not intended to replace the medical advice of your doctor. We are fully compliant with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (May 2018) to strengthen data protection for all within the EU. Should you chose to submit personal and sensitive information, this information is protected by a secure system both online and offline.
Heartlink West Virtual Chat
The Heartlink West Virtual Chat will take place every Thursday, over Zoom, at 11am. For more information and to access the chat, email email@example.com.
Croí Connects is an online series, where Croí will connect with medical experts for a questions and answers session to help answer your questions on heart disease, stroke, COVID-19 and lots more.
Jump to section:
Have you or a loved one survived a stroke? Join Croí’s Stroke Support Groups online each month.
- The Croí Galway Stroke Support Group meets virtually via Zoom on the second Thursday of every month at 2:00pm.
- The Croí Mayo Stroke Support Group meets virtually via Zoom on the last Thursday of every month at 11.30am.
If you want to join and have not used Zoom before, Croí can help. Call us on 091 544310 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive meeting details and technical support.
Risk factors you can change:
Risk Factors you cannot change:
Mental Health & Wellbeing:
Click to download
Other useful resources:
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Heart Failure
- Diabetes Ireland
- National Smoking Helpline
- Galway West Smoking Cessation Services
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Global Heart Hub (alliance of heart patient organisations and advocates)
- Acquired Brain Injury Ireland
- Mental Health Ireland
- Mental Health Ireland – 5 ways to wellbeing
- HSE – Your Mental Health
- Reach Out – Youth Mental Health
- Spun Out – Mental Health
- Psychological Society of Ireland
- HSE – Diabetes
- HSE – Benefits of cutting down or giving up alcohol
- HSE – Living Well Programme for Adults with Long-Term Health Conditions
- HSE – Self-Management Resources for People Living with a Long-Term Health Condition
An initiative by Croí, endorsed by Cardiology Services, HSE Saolta University Healthcare Group.
To date, this initiative has been made possible thanks to the very generous support of the following: