UHG ACLS course dates 2021
GUH ACLS is an advanced, instructor-led course that highlights the importance of team dynamics and communication, systems of care and immediate post-cardiac-arrest care. It also covers airway management and related pharmacology. In this course, skills are taught in large, group sessions and small, group learning and testing stations where case-based scenarios are presented.
- BLS cert must be in date prior to application (or a bls course place must be secured)
- Nurses MUST have study leave approval prior to registration
ACLS is designed for healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest and other cardiovascular emergencies. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units.
Key changes in advanced cardiovascular life support, reflecting the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care:
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device and use of an (AED)
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
- Effective Resuscitation Team Dynamics
An online ACLS assessment is required for 1st day of course.
2-day Provider Course is approximately 10-12 hours to complete, including skills practice and skills testing.
Course time based on 1 instructor: 6 student: 2 manikins
Course Queries: Siobhán Keane, Resuscitation Officer GUH: 091- 542963 firstname.lastname@example.org
Online one day Heartcode ACLS Assessment Dates
Registration will remain open for ONE month; unless course is full before this date.
ACLS assessment can only run with a medical director and full complement of instructors
- March, Tuesday 23rd or Wednesday 24th – registration closed
- April, Tuesday 20th or Wednesday 21st – registration closed
- May, Tuesday 11th or Wednesday 12th – registration closed
- June, Tuesday 1st or Wednesday 2nd – registration closed
- September, Tuesday 21st or Wednesday 22nd (Registration Opens August 23rd)
- October, Tuesday 12th or Wednesday 13th (Registration Opens September 13th)
- November, Tuesday 9th or Wednesday 10th (Registration Opens October 4th)
- December, Tuesday 7th or Wednesday 8th (Registration Opens November 8th)